Prop Building – Session 3
What makes a movie set in a haunted house look spooky or a play set in a log cabin look rustic and cozy? Props! Crafters will discover the different types of props and why each is important to creating the world of the play, TV show, or movie and the role of the props designer and how they design and create an aesthetic for a production. Using household and recycled materials, they will then act as the props designer for their own production and research, sketch and design, and build their own pieces.
Time: 1PM – 4PM
View our Virtual Programs FAQ page for more information!
While there is no supply kit offered for this program, there are recommended materials that your camper may like to have readily available:
- Pencil and paper
- Craft scissors
- Recycled cardboard boxes, plastic water bottles, aluminum foil, take-out containers, etc.
- Duct tape, either in fun colors or patterns or tape that can be painted or colored by hand
- Modeling clay/sculpey
- Craft glue
- Water (to create papier-mâché and/or modge-podge)
- Coloring supplies, such as acrylic paint, markers, colored pencils, sharpies, etc.
- Pipe cleaners, pom-poms, glitter, or any other craft supplies they like to use